Automatically backup MS SQL Server databases
automssqlbackup is a Powershell script using MS SQL Server's SMO library to create full and incremental backups of MS SQL Server databases.
The script is a translation of automysqlbackup.sh which creates backups of MySQL databases under Linux.
See the blog for articles on automssqlbackup.
- Rotation of daily and weekly backups
- Optionally zipping backups using SharpZipLib
- Notifications by e-mail
- MS SQL Server (2000+) with SMO libraries installed
- Powershell 1.0
- 090209 Initial Release 0.25
- 090211 Version 0.26: SharpZipLib, Exception handling, option to exclude databases
- 090217 Version 0.27: Notification mail subject contains schedule, error indicator
- 090223 Version 0.28: HTML mail with backup overview
- 090409 Version 0.29: Large file support, no timeout during backup of large databases
- 090731 Version 0.30: Handling server instances, exception messages with stack trace
- 120719 Version 0.31: supports MS SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012
Last Updated on Wednesday, 18 July 2012 23:26